Mayplace Primary School
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Permanent
Salary: PFT Scale
Job start: ASAP
Closing Date for Applications: 12 noon Wednesday 3rd November.
Interviews Tuesday 9th November
Hours 1 and ¼ hours a day Monday to Friday
Weeks 38 weeks per year
Pay PFT B3 £20102 Pro rata
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Midday Supervisor to join our dedicated team.
Mayplace Primary is a fantastic school with amazing pupils. Our adventurous outdoor curriculum enables children to think creatively, problem solve and experience exciting learning opportunities.
Our values of Leading Learning, Love of Learning, Team and Belonging provide a framework for our pupils which supports them in academic excellence as well as becoming clear thinkers who are collaborative with a strong moral compass.
We are an inclusive school which values difference. We understand that each of our children are individual and we seek to meet their needs through a curriculum which is vibrant, dynamic and practical. We know that children who enjoy their learning are engaged and therefore make the best progress; it is crucial to us that every child achieves the most that they can and becomes the best that they can be.
To be responsible for the safety and welfare of children during the school lunch time break.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the head teacher or senior midday meals supervisor any serious incident occurring during the midday break.
- Securing the safety, welfare and good conduct of pupils during the midday break period in accordance with the practices and procedures of school.
- Supervising the pupils in the dining hall, playground areas and school premises and may include ancillary associated duties (e.g. cleaning up spillages, ensuring tables are clean etc.) and ensuring the maintenance of good order and discipline.
- Completing any necessary paperwork.
- Work outside in the playground.
The successful Candidate will:
- Use initiative and common sense and be assertive and consistent in any contact with pupils in order to achieve the level of discipline required to maintain order.
- Exercise good judgement in reporting any serious concerns about behaviour or possible safety or security risks.
- Aware of, and able to comply with, relevant legislation and codes of practice particularly the Health and Safety at Work Act.
- Be professional, honest and trustworthy.
- Enjoy working with children.
We can offer:
• A positive working environment with strong focus on staff and pupil wellbeing
- A positive school community that will support you to be successful in your role.
For further details please email: email@example.com
The school is part of the Primary First Trust, a primary only family of schools that has already demonstrated a commitment to improving standards and also working with effective professionals on career development both within their individual schools and the wider Trust.
The Primary First Trust and Mayplace Primary School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Prohibition check; qualifications; medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references including their current Head Teacher