Mayplace Primary School has undergone a rigorous evaluation process and has been recognised as a Centre of Excellence by the Inclusion Quality Mark thanks to our exceptionally high-quality provision and commitment to continually driving the school forward to improve the outcomes for all their pupils.
Our inclusive green curriculum supports the wellbeing of children and staff alike and in turn promotes a happy and healthy body and mind; all children have equal access to the curriculum. At Mayplace we believe that all children learn best with the rest of their class. Our aim is for all children to become independent and autonomous learners, in order that they can reach their potential.
.Similarly, children who are identified as more able, demonstrating a particular aptitude in a curriculum area, will be given opportunities to extend their learning through creative thinking, reasoning and problem solving opportunities.
Mayplace Primary School is committed to providing equal opportunities for all, regardless of race, faith, gender or capability in all aspects of school life. We promote diversity, inclusion and a sense of belonging.
- identify, at the earliest possible opportunity, barriers to learning and participation for pupils with SEND (see curriculum and assessment policies)
- ensure that every child experiences success in their learning and achieves to the highest possible standard
- enable all children to participate in lessons fully and actively
- value and encourage the contribution of all children to the life of the school
- work in partnership with parents
- work with the Governing Body to enable them to fulfil their statutory monitoring role with regard to the Policy Statement for SEND
- work closely with outside support agencies, where appropriate, to support the need of individual pupils
- ensure that all staff have access to training and advice to support quality teaching and learning for all pupils.
We have high expectations of all of our children.
To view our SEND Policy and Information Report, please visit our Policies page.