PE and Sport Premium
Each school receives extra sports funding through Sports Premium allocations.
Since receiving the annual funding, we have used the money to fund:
- The purchase and implementation of a whole school PE Scheme, focusing on fundamental movement abilities that can be applied to all areas of PE.
- CPD for staff on subjects such as dance, gymnastics and Outdoor and Adventurous activities, including Orienteering..
- Improving existing resources/equipment for teaching PE.
- Part funding places for pupils on after school sport clubs.
- Increasing participation in school games competitions.
- Providing opportunities for children to compete (i.e. in tournaments and fixtures between themselves and local schools.
Swimming Proficiency at the end of Key Stage 2
All children at Mayplace Primary School have the opportunity to participate in swimming lessons as part of the Physical Education curriculum. Pupils attend formal swimming lessons taught by qualified swimming instructors at the local swimming pool when they are in Year 3. Year 3 classes alternate the week that they attend the swimming lessons throughout the academic year.
At the end of the school academic year 2018-19, 67% of the pupils in Year 6 were able to:
- swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres
- use a range of strokes effectively
- perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations.
Due to Covid 19, we are unable to provide the percentage of pupils for the academic year 2019-2020 and 2020-21.
Sports Premium Funding
Please see the attached documents for a breakdown of exactly how the money has been spent and the impact each part of it has had.